Whatsapp is an entry in the dark(mode) side. The Facebook-owned app has begun testing a dark mode in the Android version of its app.
Users who have joined the WhatsApp beta program in Google Play are seeing a new "dark theme" inside version 2.20.13 of the Android beta app, as first saw WABetaInfo. Mind you, screenshots from this dark mode were first leaked almost a year ago. So, we have long suspected that dark mode is coming to WhatsApp. If you want to try the new dark theme on WhatsApp, here's how.
How to enable whatsapp dark mode
Unfortunately, the beta version of WhatsApp is currently not accepting new registrations. Do not worry; you can still use a trusted source like APKMirror to download the exact WhatsApp beta – or .apk – that you need to open the dark theme (version 2.20.13). Do the following:
- Go to APKMirror. The WhatsApp .apk (version 2.20.13) is here.
- On the WhatsApp .APK page, scroll down to the Downloads section.
- Click on the green link below option.
- On the next screen, scroll down until you see the green Download button.
- Click on the button to download the WhatsApp .APK application to your device.
- Go to your Android phone's files app.
- Click on the .APK you just downloaded.
- You may receive a warning. Click Next and install.
- Open the WhatsApp app.
- Go to settings (click on the triple dot icon in the upper right corner and click on Settings).
- Go to chats and you should see a new option for "Subject". Touch it.
- From there, you can choose the dark ones.
Whatsapp beta users are actually reporting to see four theme options inside the menu settings: light (black text on a white background), dark (white text on a dark background), system default (copies in Android system Q-wide theme that changes to depending on the time of day), and installed battery saver (change theme depending on your battery. settings).
When will whatsapp on dark mode be available?
The new dark theme is currently limited to the Android beta app. He will probably publicly release soon. We assume it will be an iOS app too. We have contacted whatsapp for comment and will update when we know more.