We hear the word “stress” almost every day. This state has recently become habitual, and everyone has ceased to be afraid of it. However, nerves are not just the cause of minor troubles, after which there will be no consequences. This is a stressful condition that can seriously harm the body. Information on how to calm the nerves will be useful to everyone.
What is stress and why is it dangerous?
Stress is the cause of an overly emotional and mental state that comes along with the flow of certain hormones. This reaction can occur due to external and internal causes. For example, if a person feels threatened, reactions occur in the body that try to protect him from such a situation. This condition may be accompanied by the release of a large amount of adrenaline.
The cause of stress can be anything related to emotions (both negative and positive). In addition, it may depend on the personality and other characteristics of a person: someone reacts calmly to circumstances, while someone gets an emotional outburst.
The cause of stress, based on external signs, can be:
- various life events: moving, entering a university, another job;
- material difficulties;
- problems in the family or with a loved one;
The reasons for the internal aspects are as follows:
- feeling of loneliness;
- a sense of uncertainty and another reality;
- excessive self-criticism;
- various mental illnesses.
Based on research, one in five people in the world are under stress. At the same time, there is a type of people who cannot overcome stress on their own.
The main signs that a person is stressed are:
- physical signs. These are headache, muscle pain, constant fatigue, exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- psycho-emotional. Feeling irritable for no reason, bad mood, weakness, anxiety-related thoughts, inattention;
- behavioral. A person does not eat well, begins to take alcohol or drugs, there is poor sleep, the appearance of nervous habits.
It is important to note that stress is not always a bad condition. It can help a person in solving complex problems, as there will be a great surge of energy. This condition can keep a person in good shape. However, the body can only cope with small portions of stressful situations. The rest can adversely affect human health.
Why you need to deal with such a condition as stress
Since stress contributes to the fact that the body is always in a state of tension, it is important to bring the body back to normal in order to avoid the development of various diseases. The nervous system can be especially disturbed, but stress can also negatively affect other functions:
- respiratory system. As a rule, stress causes rapid breathing and shortness of breath. If a person has asthma, stress can trigger an attack;
- the cardiovascular system. The heart works faster. This can cause great physical strength, provoke an increase in pressure, the occurrence of a stroke or heart attack;
- liver. Stress can cause diabetes, as a large amount of glucose begins to be released;
- libido and reproductive function. In a state of stress, there is a constant feeling of tiredness of the body and mind. In men, this can cause impotence, while women may have more painful menstrual cycles;
- immunity. Over time, stress can impair the body's immune system and weaken its protective function.
It can be concluded that it is very important to know how to calm the nervous system. A person under stress can develop the following processes:
- exacerbation of various chronic diseases;
- disruption of the reproductive function and even infertility;
- the development of mental illness;
- disruption of the immune system;
- poor sleep;
- social problems (at work or school due to inattention).
It is necessary to detect and treat nervous diseases in time, because if they are cumulative, the situation can become much worse. It is necessary to deal with the treatment of nervous stress as early as possible.
How can you relieve stress
It is important to choose the most effective home or alternative method to calm your nerves. Let's see what calms the nerves? This question will be answered below.
- phytotherapy. These are collections of plants that soothe. They contribute to good prevention. At the same time, doctors observe good results;
- aromatherapy. Essential oils are what heal the nerves, they normalize the mental health of a person. The main thing is that there is no allergy. Then the immune system is strengthened;
- physical activity. This is a good way that does not require drugs. However, these should not be very active sports exercises. You can look at more relaxed types of training, such as Pilates;
- healthy food. Mood and the ability to overcome stress depend on food. Fresh fruits, proteins and vitamins are the best option if you have a question about how to calm yourself down;
- healthy sleep and relaxation. Since stress can trigger insomnia, lack of sleep can contribute to the onset of this condition. Normal sleep is one of the stages and answers to the question of how you can calm your nerves;
- communication with family and friends. Talking with friends can lift your spirits and keep you going. It also helps relieve stress and answers the question of how to calm yourself down;
- correct daily routine. It is necessary to correctly and rationally allocate time for sleeping, eating, communicating with friends, work. Without a daily routine, it is difficult to deal with stress.
All people need to know the methods of how to calm their emotional state at home. Because these methods are available to everyone. You can use them without the help of doctors. It is important to understand that this technique helps only in mild forms of nervous stress. It can be an addition to the main therapy. For complex cases, you need to use more efficient methods.
This method is the most important in the treatment of chronic cases of stress. It consists in an integrated approach with which you can achieve very good results. At the same time, it will remain for a long time. It can be hypnosis, art therapy and other methods that must be chosen taking into account the individual characteristics of a person. Here it is also important to find a suitable specialist who knows how to restore the nervous system after severe stress.
Here you can answer the question of what medicine calms the nerves. Tablets are considered one of the most reliable methods of treatment, so if you feel a stressful situation, you can safely go to the pharmacy.
There are various categories of medicines that can be based on the soothing herbs of lemon balm and mint. This is something that can heal the nerves, and do no harm. If the case is advanced, there are antidepressants, for example, based on St. John's wort. Sleeping pills can be purchased for insomnia. Vitamin complexes can also help in the fight against stress. It is important to consult your doctor before buying any medicine. You can't live with pills all the time. This can lead to mental disorders.
If you have a question about how to calm an emotional state, then it may not necessarily be medication. Close people nearby, walks in the fresh air, positive emotions, interesting and beloved work - this is the answer to the question of what medicine calms the nerves, how to be a happy and healthy person.