Passwords are all around us. Mail, social networks, personal accounts of online stores - it is not surprising if you lose one of them. But such data is easily restored, but what if you forgot the password on your smartphone? After all, then you will completely lose access to all the contents of the phone. There are several ways to unlock a smartphone on Android and iOS.
If you have an Android smartphone
Gadgets on the operating system no later than version 4.4 make it possible to recover the password through a Google account. This will require an Internet connection. Enter any incorrect key five times and the screen will display “Forgot your password?” Next, you will need to enter data to enter the Google account with which the phone is synchronized. Here are some more ways how to unlock smartphone on Android:
- Smart lock function. Take care of this option in advance and activate the feature in the settings by setting the conditions for unlocking. If you forget the pattern, then just connect to your phone from another gadget via Bluetooth. Once the connection is established, you can log into your smartphone without a password. If you have not previously configured this feature, the method will not work.
- Manufacturer's help. Some brands develop special services for unlocking phones. To find out if there is such an opportunity for your gadget, read the instructions or go to the manufacturer's website.
- Rollback to factory settings. This is the most radical method for those who forgot password on smartphone - you will be able to sign in, but you will lose data that is not saved in the "cloud". Remove the memory card and hold one of the combinations for 10-15 seconds until it works: “volume up + power button”, “volume down + power button”, “volume down + power button + volume up”. You can find out in advance exactly how your phone's settings are reset. In the menu that appears on the screen, select Recovery, and then Wipe data or Factory reset. After a couple of minutes, the smartphone will return to the factory settings, and you can log into your Google account and restore the data saved in it.
Problem Solving for iPhone Owners
The iOs operating system provides only one option - a rollback to factory settings. Therefore, try to remember or pick up a password, given that after six unsuccessful attempts, the smartphone will be blocked for a minute, after seven - for five minutes, after eight - for a quarter of an hour, and after nine - for an hour.
To reset your settings, you'll need a USB cable, a Windows or macOS computer, iTunes, or the Finder app. Next, while holding a specific button, connect your phone to the computer and wait for a dialog box to appear. The key for each smartphone is different:
- iPhone 6s or older - “home”;
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus - “volume down”;
- iPhone 8, 8 plus, X or newer - side button.
After waiting for the recovery window to appear on the screen, follow the instructions in iTunes or Finder. After resetting the settings, the system will prompt you to restore the saved data, and the smartphone screen will be unlocked. This mode is available for 15 minutes. If you do not meet this time, repeat the steps again.
Now you know how to unlock your phone. If you are not sure that you remember the pattern or password, write it down on a piece of paper and hide it in a safe place. Don't trespass other people's privacy and don't try to use these tips to break into someone else's smartphone.