Webcams, like laptops, come in a variety of models. They have a variety of options. You can find such products at an affordable price, you can choose more expensive options with increased functionality. However, you do not need to pay more if you use the webcam infrequently. It is better to consider various options, look at reviews and make the final choice.
With the development of Internet technology, webcams are increasingly needed to work from home if you need to chat with family and friends. This is a great option, since communication is possible anywhere in the country and the world. Webcams are suitable for broadcasting games. At the same time, they can help not only with video calls, but also with editing and processing photos. They can also be sent and broadcast.
Despite the fact that modern computers already have built-in cameras, a webcam will make videoconferencing more powerful and better. There is a huge selection of such products on the market. Before buying, you need to decide what the webcam is for. These can be video conferences or videos for a Youtube channel. Perhaps a more budget-friendly option is needed. The following recommendations will allow you to choose the best webcams.
Before choosing a camera, you should pay attention to the following factors:
- live broadcasts or regular cameras. This product is divided into two types. At the same time, for live broadcasts, the device will cost more. The reason is the many additional features, such as a professional microphone, 4K resolution, wide-angle lenses. To use the camera, 1080p or 720p is enough, but the highest quality variation is for live broadcasts;
- microphone. Many webcams have a microphone, but the sound will be of poor quality, since the device, as a rule, is below face level, resulting in noise or echo. An alternative option is headphones or a separate microphone. However, if such devices are not suitable, you need to select a webcam with excellent visibility. It is important to protect the workspace from ambient noise;
- built-in lighting. This is not a standard feature, but some manufacturers already offer this development. It doesn't matter if the camera is good or not, if the room is dark. Lighting will help solve this problem;
- matrix. All cameras have matrices. CDD is the best. It is this matrix that prevents the formation of noise. It is important to note that lighting plays an important role here, since in poor light, noise will be heard anyway;
- lenses. The lens can directly affect the picture quality. There are two types: plastic and glass. The latter are of higher quality and will suit those who need a clear image. Plastic lenses perform poorly in low light. They are more suitable for home use.
A webcam for a computer can be equipped with various mounts that provide convenience when working and making video calls. You also need to decide on the operating system and check it for compatibility in order to avoid further trouble. As for additional functions, it all depends on the purpose of working with a webcam and material capabilities.
Best webcams of 2020
- Razer Kiyo. This is a professional streaming model. There is a built-in microphone and backlight, 1080p and 720p resolution. It is characterized by excellent image quality and design. This camera for YouTubers is a great option. It is suitable for both conferences and Twitch game broadcasts.
- Kogitech C290/C920C. Option for video conferencing, has a good viewing angle of 78 degrees. This makes it possible to see the space around. 1080p resolution with excellent image quality. The device performs well in low light. The camera has two built-in microphones, of course, in a quiet environment, the sound will be much better.
- Logitech C930e. Provides a high-quality image, as in the previous case. Works well in low light, but has a 90-degree field of view. A privacy shutter is also suggested. The technique provides the best sound insulation. In addition, the Logitech C930e is a certified product for Skype.
- Microsoft Lifecam Studio. Here are features such as built-in microphone, wide-angle lens, 360-degree rotation. The device can change the brightness and shades, they can be changed manually. The camera resolution is 1080p and 720p, but Skype video can only be played in 720p.
- Logitech C525 HD webcam. Resolution 720p, viewing angle 69 degrees, built-in microphone. There is also autofocus, the ability to rotate 360 degrees, you can adjust the color, just one touch to publish a photo to Facebook.
- Logitech StreamCam. A webcam for streaming that includes all key features, has a resolution of up to 1080p, records at speeds from 5 to 60 frames per second. The live stream camera has a microphone, a noise filter, a conventional tripod mount, autofocus, live streaming software with filters, and more.
- Raspberry Pi. Here you need a Raspberry Pi board that needs to be finalized. You can connect to a computer using USB, W-iFi, and the module will improve the quality of the camera.
- Logitech C This camera is suitable for those who rarely use video and do not need to spend a lot of money on such a product. It is small, easy to use, suitable for communicating with friends via video conference or Zoom.
How to choose a webcam
Which webcam to choose is the most common question. To correctly determine the product, you need to pay attention to such factors, namely the purpose of the purchase:
- video calls. Here you need to pay attention to resolution, frame rate and cost. If the calls are infrequent, then the optimal characteristics will be 720p, 30 frames per second, like the Logitech C270;
- work with content. Platforms like Youtube require 1080p resolution and 60 frames per second. Logitech StreamCam has these properties;
- additional functions. There are webcams with lighting and fixtures. In some you can make settings for pictures, there is software for this.
Let's see how to choose a webcam for Skype? Video conferencing using Skype is the best option for communicating with colleagues and friends. The webcam must be connected to the computer and video calls can be made. Basically, such devices already come with a microphone. Thus, it will be possible to create a Skype conference without additional equipment, there will be a good connection, saving work space, since the camera is mounted on a computer monitor.
You can also pay attention to wireless webcams. The cable can constantly get in the way and not long enough. An alternative to these options is a wireless camera. It works with Wi-Fi. The disadvantage of this technique is that it has a limited range. If you need to go further, it can turn off.
For Skype video calls, webcams with a microphone are suitable, as this greatly simplifies the call and makes it more convenient. Wireless or cable option must be chosen according to your own wishes.
Continuing the conversation about how to choose a webcam for a computer, it is worth noting that now it is an indispensable assistant in work and communication. There is a large selection, so taking into account all the recommendations, you can decide and choose the best webcam. This can be the best gift for yourself or your friends. In any case, the camera is a great tool for doing quality work with video calls and other necessary things.