The great advantage of laptops is the ability to work with them on your knees, comfortably sitting on your favorite couch. But in such conditions, laptops often overheat, as their ventilation holes are blocked. Exceeding the permissible temperatures is dangerous for equipment: due to overheating, it starts to turn off spontaneously, and the risk of failure of expensive components increases. And given that repairs are sometimes more expensive than buy a laptopsuch situations should be avoided. Special supports can help with this. In our article we will tell you what these devices are and what functions they perform.
What are cooling pads for?
As the name implies, the main function of these devices is to remove heat from the equipment that heats up during operation. This is achieved in many ways: by absorbing and dissipating heat from the material of the stand, by using fans built into the device. Installed on a stand, the laptop rises above the work surface so that nothing interferes with air circulation in the area of \uXNUMXb\uXNUMXbthe ventilation holes.
In addition, devices solve other problems:
- make working on a laptop more comfortable, regardless of the position of the user;
- reduce the amount of dust and debris entering the case through the ventilation holes.
Thus, cooling pads are functional and convenient accessories that will be useful to all laptop users.
What are laptop stands?
There are such types of devices:
- Desktop. These fixtures are ideal for countertop installation. They are reliable and stable, but often have a relatively large weight and therefore are not very convenient for moving from place to place.
- Knee-highs. These models are very popular because they make it possible to work on a laptop right in bed. The stand is installed on your knees, and a laptop is placed on top of it. Thanks to ergonomic recesses on the bottom of the case, the stand is comfortably held on the legs and does not move, and the equipment itself is raised above the surfaces so that its ventilation holes are completely open.
- Transformers. The user can change the configuration of these stands at his own discretion: change the height of the supports, the angle of inclination. They are comfortable, but can be bulkier than regular ones.
Stands for laptops are made of wood, plastic, metal. Wooden models have a noticeable weight, but they are pleasant to the touch, durable, look stylish and original, and do not heat up with hot appliances. Plastic ones are the most durable and technologically advanced models, and metal ones are the most durable.
The range of cooling pads is wide enough so that you can choose a model for any operating conditions. These devices will help protect equipment from overheating and ensure user comfort while working on a laptop.