The Instagram social network is not only a platform where you can see photos of stars and favorite bloggers. Many use Instagram as a business tool. With its help, entrepreneurs attract customers, increase sales and company income. Recently, the developers have added the ability to insert a link to Instagram.
What is needed for active link on instagram
A business account should contain not only high-quality and interesting posts that motivate users to make a purchase or order a service, but also a correctly completed profile (many users call it “Bio”). On Instagram, there is a limit to the length of the page description, it should be only 2-3 lines long. And the entrepreneur will have to show all the skill to fit the description of his company in 2-3 lines. Ideally, this section should be very interesting for potential customers of the company, useful for them.
If you have a personal profile, then you don’t need to write in your profile how old you are, when you graduated from the university, who you studied for, etc. This information is unlikely to be of interest to your subscribers.
If you maintain a business profile, then the description should indicate what kind of company it is, what services it offers or what products it sells, etc.
You can also add a clickable link to your Instagram profile. So, it can be a link to a portfolio where clients can see the work done.
How to make an active link on Instagram
To begin with, it is worth noting that the link in the Instagram profile can lead to any external resources. For example, it can be a website where your portfolio is located, a landing page, a corporate resource, an online store, etc. A link in an Instagram profile can even lead to other people's accounts - for example, to your representative's page, etc.
If you are a freelancer, you can place a link in your profile header that leads to your pages on other social networks. A potential customer can learn more about you, about your activities - then the chance to get an interesting order increases significantly.
Wondering how to make a link on Instagram? This process does not require much time and is quite simple. It is enough to use our step-by-step algorithm:
- Go to the web page you want to link to: website, blog, page on another social network. Next, copy the address of the resource.
- Open the Instagram app and log in to your account.
- On the main page (you must click on your name to go), click on the "Edit page" item.
- The Settings menu will open. Select the "Website" field from the list.
- Click on the "Insert" command. The previously copied link is pasted into the corresponding field.
- Scroll down and click "Save Changes".
- Exit the "Settings" menu, go to your profile and check the correctness of the link. To do this, it is enough to go through it several times. The link in the profile header is ready.
Link in stories
Stories, or Stories, are an effective method of promoting an Instagram account. If publications are ranked according to user preferences (that is, they are mainly shown to those who like the most), then stories are shown to everyone without exception. Instagram even allows you to place a clickable link here.
Here is the placement algorithm:
- Open your profile and go to "stories".
- Upload a photo or video from the gallery (or shoot directly on the camera).
- There will be a hyperlink icon at the top. Click on it, a small box will open.
- Paste the copied link and save the changes.
Links in the story can only be placed by users who have more than 10 subscribers.
See also: ipv6 proxy server
Is it possible to embed a link in a post
Instagram allows you to insert links only in the profile header and in the story. Thus, as of today, it is not yet possible to insert an active link in an Instagram post.
The link on Instagram is inactive: reasons
Sometimes you may encounter a problem that the link on Instagram does not work. Here are the main reasons:
- you may have pasted the hyperlink in the wrong field. You should pay attention to the fact that the link will be clickable only when placed in the profile header and in stories. If you put it in other places, then it will be inactive (that is, not clickable);
- there are typos in the link and the system simply does not recognize it. You need to check if the URL of the landing page was copied completely;
- you may be trying to insert a second link in your profile header. According to Instagram rules, only one clickable link can be placed in a profile.
Thus, Instagram users have the opportunity to place an active link in the profile header and in stories (only if they have more than 10 subscribers). Theoretically, the link can be placed in the body of the publication, but it will not be clickable.